Tuesday 24 January 2006

The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956 by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

I've had this book 20 years and the time has come to pass
it on through Book Crossing. I was just about to package
it up, ready for its trip across the Atlantic when I spotted
the following dedication

"I dedicate this
to all those who did not live
to tell it.
And may they please forgive me
for not having seen it all
nor remembered it all,
for not having divined all of it."


Isn't that a really beautiful passage? If you want to track
the book further here is the Journal entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...